- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups slivered onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup green pimento-stuffed olives, sliced in half
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add oregano, vinegar and beans. Cook over low heat until beans are warm.
Remove from heat and stir in salt, parsley and olives. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe by Nancy Krcek Allen.
Videos You Might Also Like