- 4 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2/3 cup minced shallot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
—Recipe by Laraine Perri
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan. Add shallot, garlic and crushed red pepper; cook over low heat until fragrant and just beginning to color, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in peanut butter, hoisin, brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Stir in lime juice.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: