- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups small strawberries, plus more for topping (use the smallest strawberries you can find in this cake, or cut larger ones into halves)
Recipe by Jill Melton, Editor
- Preheat oven to 400F. Greased and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter and sugars together until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. At low speed, add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, until just blended. Spoon batter prepared pan. Top with strawberries and sprinkle with extra turbinado sugar.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until a pick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool. Release sides of pan. Remove cake and place on a serving plate. Garnish with additional strawberries, if using.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: