- 1/2 pound bacon
- 3 cups chopped leeks (from 4 medium leeks)
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps cut in thin slices
- 1 cup dried apricots, cut in thin strips
- 1 pound hearty French bread, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
Recipe by Marge Perry.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet. Remove, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels, pat dry and chop.
- Add leeks, celery, salt, black pepper, thyme and cumin to skillet. Sauté 10 minutes. Add shiitakes; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are softened. Remove from heat; stir in apricots and bread. (Stuffing can be made one day ahead up to this point.)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Toss bread mixture with reserved bacon, broth, butter and eggs; transfer to a 13-by-9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through and lightly crisped on top.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: