- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pepitas (shelled pumpking seeds) toasted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- Butter a rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix vanilla and baking soda in cup.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until sugar dissolves. Attach a candy thermometer to the side of the pan, making sure it does not touch the bottom. Without stirring, cook until thermometer reaches 285F.
- Add toasted pepitas and continue cooking, stirring often to prevent seeds from sticking to the bottom of the pan, until thermometer reaches 300F.
- Remove from heat and carefully stir in vanilla mixture and butter. Stir until combined.
- Carefully pour mixture onto baking sheet. Spread into a thin layer with a spatula. Let cool until hardened. Break into pieces. (Brittle can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container up to 1 week). Serves 10.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: