- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -- green bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon piment d'Espelette or sweet Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onion and garlic; sauté until peppers are tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, piment d’Espelette, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
Recipe by Charles Smothermon
Videos You Might Also Like