- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 2 1/2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped lightly salted dry-roasted peanuts
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt onto a pice of wax paper. Beat butter and peanut butter until creamy with a mixer at medium speed. Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg; beat until evenly blended.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Add peanuts and beat just until evenly distributed.
- Shape into balls, using a heaping tablespoon dough for each. Roll balls in 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- Place 2-inches apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- With tines of fork, press a crisscross on each cookie and flatten to about 1/2-inch. Bake 13 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool 3 minutes on cookie sheet on wire rack. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: