- 8 cups half-and-half
- 2 1/4 cups turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened (can use reduced-fat cream cheese)
- 6 cups fresh, ripe peaches: 3 cups pureed, 3 cups coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely shredded lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 cups crushed waffle cones, or butter waffle cookies
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh peaches, sprinkled with 1 to 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar and a splash of bourbon, if desired
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Vienneau and Third Thursday Potluck
- Combine 5 cups half-and-half, turbinado sugar, brown sugar and beaten eggs in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stirring well, cook until just before boiling—little bubbles will form along the rim of the pot. Remove from heat and set aside. The mixture may look curdled.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Slowly pour in hot mixture, continuing to beat. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled—at least 2 hours.
- Stir in remaining 3 cups half-and-half, 3 cups puréed peaches, lemon rind and juice, and vanilla bean paste. Freeze in a 6-quart ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. When the ice cream is almost fully churned, fold in the coarsely chopped peaches.
- Serve with crushed waffle cone and macerated peaches.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: