- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (2-pound) flank steak
- Peach Salsa (optional)
- Combine preserves, soy sauce, mustard and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, mixing well. Simmer 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Place flank steak in a heavy-duty zip-top bag or in a shallow dish. Pour peach marinade over steak; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours up to 8 hours. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (375F).
- Grill steak, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips and serve with Peach Salsa, if desired.
Recipe by Alison Lewis
For more information on why meat needs to rest after cooking, watch this video for tips from the “Butcher Boys” of Porter Road Butcher in Nashville, Tenn.
Videos You Might Also Like