- 4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup butter, plus more for the dish
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Recipe adapted from Mollie Bryan's
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 13 by 9-inch baking dish.
- Heat milk and butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. When milk begins to steam, whisk in cornmeal and cook, whisking constantly, until thoroughly mixed. Remove from heat and cool until thickened slightly.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Pour into cornmeal mixture; mix well. Scrape into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, until golden brown on top. Serve hot with butter.
Mrs. Rowe's Restaurant Cookbook.
Videos You Might Also Like