- 3 cups cooked lobster or shrimp (about 1 pound lobster or 3/4 pound shrimp)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
- Cut lobster into bite-size chunks. If using shrimp, leave whole or cut in half
- Whisk egg yolks with 1/2 cup cream. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter. Add fish and toss to coat with butter. Add remaining cream, sherry, salt and cayenne; simmer 3 minutes to slightly reduce. Lower heat.
- Ladle a scant 1/4 cup of sauce into yolk mixture; whisk. Stir yolk mixture into the pan; cook and stir until sauce thickens. Do not boil. Serve over toast or hot cooked white rice.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: