- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (5-ounce) container mixed greens or frisée
- 6 golden or red beets, roasted, peeled and sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
Recipe by Nancy Vienneau.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine raspberries and sugar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until berries release their juices and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Press through a fine sieve to remove seeds.
- Place berry purée in the bowl of a food processor. Add vinegars, salt and pepper, and pulse. Drizzle in olive oil through the food chute while processing until thickened and emulsified. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- To prepare salad, place a layer of salad greens in the bottom of a clear glass bowl. Place sliced beets in a circle on top of greens. Sprinkle with goat cheese, then with raspberries. Drizzle with about one-quarter of the vinaigrette, and repeat layers. (You’ll have vinaigrette left over.)
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: