- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chili paste
- 2 pounds rib-eye or flank steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For a complete menu featuring Korean Grilled Beef, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
- To prepare marinade, combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
- To prepare beef, combine 1 cup marinade and beef in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag and knead, rubbing marinade into beef. Refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
Heat grill. Remove beef from marinade and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When grill is ready, place beef on grill rack. Cook 3 to 4 minutes total, until desired doneness is reached. Remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain. If cooking to use later, don’t slice. Let cool, wrap tightly and refrigerate.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: