- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup natural sugar, non-white sugar, like turbinado
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 8 hot dogs or cooked sausages
- Popsicle sticks or kabob skewers
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add milk and egg, and whisk to combine until smooth. Pour batter into a wide, deep dish
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot to 375 F.
- Skewer hot dogs or sausages lengthwise on popsicle sticks or skewers, leaving enough outside to create a handle. Holding onto handle, dredge hot dogs in batter until they have an even medium-thick coating.
- Carefully slip corn dogs into hot oil and let fry until golden brown, flipping them once. Remove corn dogs to paper towels to drain. Serve warm with classic yellow mustard.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: