- 1 navel orange
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup cognac or brandy
- 1/4 cup Cointreu
- 1 (750-ml) bottle fruity red wine
- 1 (750-ml) bottle sparkling water
- Heat grill.
- Cut orange, apple and lemon into quarters and spray with cooking spray. Place fruit on a hot grill and cook until lightly charred. Remove to cutting board. Cut apples into small slices and cut the citrus wedges in half. Place fruit in a large pitcher that’s big enough to hold more than a full bottle of wine.
- Pour cognac, Cointreau and red wine over fruit in pitcher. Set sangria aside for at least 8 hours.
- To serve, pour lightly chilled sangria into highball glass and top with a generous splash of sparkling water.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: