- 3 1/2-pound eggplants, trimmed, peeled if desired
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach or torn mixed greens
- 6 6-inch pitas, warmed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons chopped peanuts
Slice eggplants crosswise into 1/2-inch discs.
Stir together vinegar and soy sauce. Divide mixture between two small bowls. In one bowl, add peanut butter; stir well. In second bowl, stir in ginger, peanut oil and crushed red pepper, if using.
Brush ginger mixture on both sides of eggplant slices.
Grill over medium heat until just softened and slightly charred, about 5 minutes per side, brushing occasionally with ginger mixture.
Layer eggplant and spinach over each pita. Add cilantro and peanuts. Drizzle with peanut butter mixture.
Recipe by David Feder.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: