- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 2 large leeks, sliced 1/4-inch thick, washed well in colander
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 3 large all-purpose or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, diced 1/2-inch
- 5 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups milk, cream or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
- Heat butter or oil in a large sauce pot over medium-high heat.
- Add all vegetables and sauté 5 to 6 minutes until they start to cook down.
- Add stock and milk, bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook 25 minutes until vegetable are tender. Add thyme, parsley and season to taste.
—Recipe by Chef Steve Petusevsky
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: