- 1 cup stale French bread cubes, crusts removed
- Cold water
- 3 cups diced peeled tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup Green bell peppers, diced
- 2/3 cup peeled and diced English or other cucumber
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- Minced green bell pepper and cucumber slices, for garnish
In a small bowl cover bread with water; let stand 5 minutes or until bread is soft. Squeeze out water.
In a processor, combine bread, tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, onion and garlic; process to a coarse purée. Pour into a large bowl; stir in tomato juice, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and chill 4 hours or until cold. Ladle into bowls and garnish with minced pepper and cucumber.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: