- 2 pounds brioche loaf or panettone
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, divided
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup finely chopped fennel or celery
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 4 cups chicken or turkey stock
- Preheat oven to 250F. Cut brioche into 3/4-inch cubes and place in large bowl.
- Melt half the butter in saucepan over medium heat and cook until light brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add half the sage. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour butter mixture over bread and toss gently. Spread on 2 baking sheets. Let dry in oven about 1 hour. Remove from oven and place in bowl.
- Increase oven temperature to 375F. Place dried fruit in large bowl; add boiling water to cover and let stand 10 minutes. Drain fruit.
- Melt remaining butter in large skillet. Add onion, fennel and carrot. Sauté 10 minutes. Add fruit and remaining sage. Add to bread mixture. Gently toss and add 3 cups stock to moisten; add more if you like softer stuffing.
- Place half of stuffing in turkey and remainder in small baking dish, or place all of it in a 15 x 11-inch casserole dish or roasting pan. Roast turkey (20 minutes per pound at 325F) or bake casserole, uncovered, about 30 minutes, until golden brown on top.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: