- 1 large russet potato (about 12 ounces), unpeeled
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
—Recipe by Laraine Perri for Relish, Feb. 2011.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut potato into 3/8-inch slices; cut slices into thirds or fourths lengthwise. Fill a large bowl with very hot tap water, add potatoes, and soak 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and place on paper towels; dry thoroughly. Rinse and dry bowl. Add potatoes, garlic and oil to bowl; toss to combine. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet; bake 20 minutes. Toss or stir, and bake until potatoes are thoroughly cooked and deep gold, about 10 minutes more. Combine salt, sugar and herbs. Sprinkle over potatoes and toss or stir.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: