- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons roasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten with 2 teaspoons of water
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup minced green onions, divided
- 2 cups cooked brown basmati rice, cooled
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup snow peas
—Recipe by Laraine Perri
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl.
- Heat a heavy 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon sesame oil and eggs. Cook until eggs are softly scrambled. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining sesame oil to pan. Add shrimp; stir-fry until just cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Wipe pan clean.
- Add canola oil to pan. Add onion; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and half the green onions; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add rice; cook, without stirring, 1 minute to crisp, then stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes. Add bean sprouts, peas, egg, shrimp, remaining green onions and sauce. Toss gently until thoroughly heated.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: