- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, heated
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken, chopped (leftover from roast chicken or freshly poached)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook 8 minutes. Add flour, whisking until smooth. Cook 3 minutes. Add 1 cup of hot chicken broth, whisking vigorously to blend. Whisk in 5 more cups of broth. Bring to a simmer, stirring.
- Whisk egg yolks and cream together in a large bowl. Ladle about 1/2 cup hot soup into egg mixture, whisking slowly. Pour egg mixture back into pan, whisking slowly. Heat slowly (do not boil), adding more broth if too thick. Add chicken, salt and pepper, and heat thoroughly. Makes 8 cups.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: