- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound Manila clams
- 1 pound black mussels
- 4 crab legs
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 -- onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers (red, yellow or green)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 cups hearty lower-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 3/4 cups lower-sodium chicken or fish stock or broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large sauté pan and add clams, mussels and crab. Cook, covered, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add garlic, onions, chopped peppers, tomatoes and shrimp. Add red wine and deglaze pan by scraping bottom to loosen browned bits. Add tomato sauce, chicken stock, basil, salt, pepper flakes and oregano. Cover and cook until shellfish are done and shells have opened.
Serve in large pasta bowls with garlic bread or San Francisco sourdough bread.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: