- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup slivered onion
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 cups mushrooms, halved
- 4 cups cubed, peeled butternut squash
- 1 -- (14-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- -- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables start to brown, about 8 minutes.
Stir in squash, tomatoes, garlic, water, tomato paste, rosemary, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover, stir in beans and simmer until stew consistency, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: