- 2 1/2 pounds butternut squash
- 1 -- egg
- 6 tablespoons coarsely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 -- (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Preheat oven to 400F.
Cut squash into halves lengthwise. Place squash, cut sides down, in shallow baking dish. Add about 1-inch water. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until tender.
Combine egg, 2 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano, cream, ricotta, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Stir well. Stir in spinach.
Remove squash from oven and turn cut sides up. Scoop out seeds with a spoon. Brush with oil and fill cavities with spinach mixture. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in spinach mixture comes out barely clean. Let cool 5 minutes. Cut each half lengthwise into halves. Top with remaining Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: