- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced, seeded jalapeno
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 8 (8- to 10-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
- Lime wedges
- Combine brown sugar, lime juice, butter, ginger, jalapeno and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, until syrupy.
- Toss shrimp and pineapple with peanut oil. Arrange 4 or 5 shrimp on each skewer, with pineapple chunks in between.
- Prepare grill. Grill skewers 2 minutes on each side, brushing with glaze.
For a complete menu featuring Brown Sugar and Lime-Glazed Shrimp and Pineapple Kebabs, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: