- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 5 cups blueberries
- 1 egg whisked with 1 teaspoon water
Recipe by Greg Patent
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- On floured surface, roll half of pie dough into a 12-inch circle; fit into a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and lemon rind. Add blueberries and mix gently. Spoon into pie plate. Roll remaining pastry into a 10-inch circle. Cut into 8 strips. Arrange strips in lattice pattern over fruit. Press edges of dough together and fold under. Brush pastry with egg mixture (some will be leftover.) Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375F and bake 30 minutes or until pastry is nicely glazed and fruit is bubbling. Cool on wire rack. Sift confectioners’ sugar over top before serving.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: