- 7 tablespoons (3 1/2-ounces) butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Coarse sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 6 muffin cups with butter. Line bases with rounds of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Combine butter and granulated sugar in bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Fold in flour, almonds and baking powder. Gently stir in milk and lime zest.
- Place 2 tablespoons blueberries in bottom of each muffin cup. Spoon batter on top of blueberries.
- Bake about 25 minutes, until cakelets are springy to the touch. Remove from oven and cool. Run a sharp knife around edge of each cakelet, then invert pan. Remove parchment paper, and serve, topped with coarse sugar and whipped cream.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: