- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
- Cook barley according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Snap off asparagus ends. Trim scales and cut spears diagonally into bite-size pieces. Steam asparagus in steamer basket over boiling water 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until bright green and just tender. Place under cold running water; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add asparagus, celery, radishes, parsley and mint to barley. Whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over salad and mix gently.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: