- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (3/4 stick), softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Recipe by Greg Patent.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- To prepare cupcakes, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter with a mixer until smooth, about 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla and bananas. Stir in half the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula; add yogurt. Mix in remaining dry ingredients, stirring only until batter is smooth. Stir in pecans. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups but don’t bother to smooth the tops.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until cupcakes are golden brown and spring back when pressed in the center. Cool in the pan 5 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare frosting, beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in extracts and lemon rind. On low speed, gradually beat in powdered sugar only until frosting is smooth and thick. Frost each cupcake. Refrigerate about 1 hour to set the frosting. Bring to room temperature before serving. Leftovers keep well, covered in the refrigerator, for 2 to 3 days
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: