- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
—Recipe by Jean Kressy
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Combine banana, sugar, egg, egg whites, buttermilk and oil; beat with a mixer a medium speed until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until evenly blended. Stir in walnuts. Pour into pan.
- Bake 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: