- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (2-pound) London broil
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into thick rounds
- 4 cups baby spinach or mixed greens
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- Shaved Parmesan (optional)
- For the marinade, combine vinegar, soy sauce, thyme and pepper in a medium bowl. Reserve 1/3 cup. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour remaining marinade over steak. Seal bag; refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (375F). Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grill. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place tomatoes and onion on grill. Grill 2 minutes per side or until lightly charred. Remove and set aside. Cut steak diagonally against the grain into thin strips.
- On a large platter combine spinach, grilled tomato and onion, bell pepper and edamame. Top with steak slices, drizzle with reserved marinade, sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired, and serve.
Make it a meal: Serve with grilled flatbread and fresh pineapple.
Recipe note: Shelled edamame is available in the frozen foods section. Thaw in the microwave on HIGH about 2 minutes.
Recipe by Alison Lewis
Videos You Might Also Like