- 2 cups leftover turkey meat
- 1 cup handful cashew nuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons ground five-spice powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 -- fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 cups mixed salad greens such as chicory, arugula, spinach, watercress
- 4 cups romaine
- -- Sections from 1 to 2 clementines
- -- Juice of 1 clementine
- -- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 -- red onion, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 -- (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely grated
Combine turkey, nuts, cranberries and five-spice powder in a skillet; cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Add honey and chile; cook over high heat until turkey is crispy, about 3 minutes.
Combine cilantro, mint, salad greens and romaine in a large bowl.
To prepare the dressing, combine juices and onion. Add olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger. Whisk until well combined. Makes about 2 cups dressing.
Drizzle 1 cup dressing over salad and toss. Toss half of the turkey mixture with the salad and transfer to a platter.
Spoon remaining turkey mixture and clementine sections over the top of the salad and add another drizzle of dressing. (Reserve remaining dressing for another use.)
Recipe adapted from Chef Jamie Oliver.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: